Senior UX Designer
Johannesburg, South Africa
As Senior UX Designer at League, you'll be responsible for collecting and translating user insights & BA requirements into user experiences. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing beautiful features that address our clients' needs. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop great experiences. You'll work with visual designers, product managers and our development team. Together you'll deliver UX mockups, prototypes, wireframes, MVPs and final products. In this role, you'll have the privilege of being the voice of our client’s customers. You'll translate customer needs into user-friendly designs. You will have a direct impact on the end customer's user experience of our client’s products and services.
- Distil simplicity from complex user requirements.
- You will be responsible for:
- Driving user research and translating insights from research to your designs.
- Information Architecture
- Visual Communication
- You will need great communication skills both when interfacing with customers as well as when working with your team.
- You need to be flexible, decisive and you know how to put ego aside and focus on the needs of the customer.
- Ability to lead large and complex projects.
- You know how to define and prioritize problems to be tackled.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10 years+ Experience in the UX arena.
- Proficient in the tools of the trade like Miro, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Marvel, Overflow.
Great time management skills
- Able to interface with clients and be proactive with projects and brand ideas
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Adept problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills with the ability to provide rationales for creative choices
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and platforms
- Able to work effectively with team members
Portfolio of previous work is essential.