Why a holistic approach wins at digital marketing
Marketing buzzwords come and go but “holistic” isn’t one of them – it’s an important quality for any digital marketing strategy and always will be. It means taking a balanced, omnichannel approach that utilises the full spectrum of tools in the digital marketer’s toolkit. And when everything works in harmony, magic happens.
The necessity of omnichannel
Omnichannel is a term born in the marketing world that refers to the customer experience across multiple touchpoints. It encompasses different devices as well as channels such as email, social and live chat. An omnichannel approach takes a holistic view of how all of these pieces fit together to shape the customer journey.
Today’s customers are more discerning than ever and expect a polished and coherent experience throughout, from your social pages to your sales portal and beyond. Consistency in visuals and messaging is important for a seamless brand experience regardless of where, how or on which device your customers choose to engage with you.
“The expectation of omnichannel marketing is unanimous across generational demographics,” Vikas Khorana, co-founder of Ntooitive Digital, writes for Forbes, “…and needs to be personalised to meet specific consumer expectations,” adding that consumer expectations are pushing brands to improve consistency in their customer journeys.
Personalising the experience means using your customer data to craft more targeted, relevant messaging, and to use the right channels to reach the right audiences. With the proliferation of choice, audiences have become scattered across an array of social platforms and are more discerning about how they spend their time online and which devices they use to connect. Everyone has their own way of doing things and you need to cater to those preferences.
The importance of multi-pronged
The best returns come when channels and tools work in support of each other. Instead of passively waiting for someone to stumble across your beautiful website, support it with SEO so that those looking for your products and services can find your business.
But relying on SEO alone is difficult. Ranking organically takes time and hard work, especially in a fiercely competitive space. Adding another “prong”, however, pays dividends. Paid media can boost your content in a highly targeted and measurable way to ensure the right audiences see it.
Once you’ve attracted visitors to your site, if you haven’t given enough attention to the other stages in your sales funnel, you’ll fall short when it comes to turning them into customers and retaining them. Each stage requires a specific approach with its own goals and metrics, and careful thought must be given to what customers are looking for at that point in their journeys.
Automation and tools like chatbots offer a powerful way to deliver the right message at the right time, while downloadable assets or email workflows can be used to deliver detailed information on products and services.
A partner to help put it all together
Knowing which platforms and channels to use when and how best to use them requires dedicated expertise. That’s why it’s best to have a partner with a wealth of experience that can offer a holistic digital marketing solution tailored to the specific needs and goals of your business.
At League Digital, we offer six solutions that encompass all of these moving parts, namely:
- Digital marketing – We offer the tools and the strategies to get your message out there, covering inbound marketing, email marketing, lead generation, social media, and more.
- Digital platforms – A polished and streamlined platform delivers a positive impression while keeping operations moving smoothly, from brand positioning to sales and support.
- Sales enablement – We’ll help to ensure your sales team is as effective as it can be with all the information they need at every touchpoint of the customer journey.
- Customer experience – Proper customer experience management can ensure that your customer journey casts your brand in the best possible light, applying a customer-centric strategy that delights.
- Employee experience – Employees are the heart and soul of any business, so strengthened relationships through better internal communications and engagement will help your teams to be more effective.
- E-commerce – Your online portal represents a great opportunity to speed up your sales cycle, grow revenue, reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver a world-class customer experience in the process.
Using digital to its full potential is a bit like cooking a meal – you need a balance of flavours to get the best results. The proportions need to be right and using only one or two ingredients won’t cut it. You can count on us for holistic digital marketing solutions to help your business grow big and strong.
Do you want to discuss how we can help meet the needs of your business? Let's Chat! Click here to set up a meeting with me.