Video is a powerful tool in the hands of a good digital marketer, and any business would be wise to include it in their digital marketing strategy. There are a few ways to go about it, including embedded videos on your website or landing pages. Done properly, they can be a powerful way to drive leads and conversions and we’ll explain why. But be warned, there are pitfalls to watch out for.
How well does video work?
Video works very well, in fact, and plenty of research backs that up. HubSpot’s ninth State of Video Marketing report has shown that the popularity of video continues to grow. The survey of 528 marketing professionals and consumers found that the importance of video as a digital marketing tool has reached an all-time high.
More specifically, it showed that marketers feel more confident about their return on investment than ever before, having seen first-hand how video can increase dwell time, traffic, leads and sales, and reduce support queries. A whopping 92% said they received a good ROI on their video content (up from 87% in 2022), and 96% view video as an important part of their digital marketing strategy.
Why use video on your site?
The benefits of embedding videos on your site or landing pages are far-reaching and just too good to pass up, including…
1. Increased engagement
Video is a naturally engaging format that holds a viewer’s attention, helping to ensure that your site visitors absorb more of your content. Research from TextSmith found that 83% of respondents would rather watch a video for information than read text.
2. Improved SEO
Google and other search engines prioritise websites that feature video content, giving them a higher ranking on results pages. That means more traffic to your site and more leads.
3. A showcase for your brand
With video content, you can exhibit your products or services with striking visuals that bring them to life, showing off your company’s work in the best possible light. It can help customers quickly understand what your business has to offer, along with the key selling points and benefits.
4. Increased trust
If your audience can see it for themselves, they’re more likely to believe it, and using video testimonials with actual customers to support your claims really helps. Having company representatives speaking directly to viewers will also go a long way toward humanising your business and earning invaluable trust.
Tips for making the most of embedded video
Not just any video will do since a bad video is sure to be counterproductive. Keep the below tips in mind to get the maximum value from your video content.
- Keep it short. Long rambling videos take up too much time, and you can’t assume everyone has nothing more important to do than to sit and watch it. Keep it short and sweet.
- The higher the quality, the better. Use a professional service if you lack the filmmaking skills to do your video content justice because amateurish camerawork and editing will only cast your brand in a bad light.
- Optimise for site speed. Use HTML5-supported formats and stream videos directly from the server or compress video data, otherwise visitors will quickly leave your painfully slow website.
- Optimise for SEO. Be sure to include relevant keywords in your video title and description to maximise organic traffic.
- Include a strong CTA. Your call to action is where you bring it all home and lead viewers towards the next step in the process of conversion, so be sure to include one.
Is it time your website gained the impact that high-quality video content can add? Are you keen to drive more leads and increase your conversion rate? Then don’t be afraid to embrace the power of the moving image. We can help by equipping you with a site or landing page that puts video content into action and gets results. Speak to us about what we can offer.